[OpenIndiana-discuss] Monitor or writing drivers

Michelle Knight michelle at msknight.com
Sun Feb 6 21:11:33 UTC 2011

Thanks very much folks; much appreciated.

I think that it was high time that I became conversant with C; although from
what I've been reading, I don't think there is any chance of me becoming to
the level required to write drivers I need this side of 2012.

Someone e-mailed me directly and suggested a bok from the 1980s on programming
in Unix.

That'll be a good start.

My main client is Linux, so I guess I'll be learning with the GNU compiler
until I am able to get to a standard where I can start programming on OI.

When I was in my late teens I programmed in 8086 and Pascal, so ... well ... I
guess this is it. I need to find those sandals and find out the updated phone
number for Pizza Hut.