[OpenIndiana-discuss] Gnome startup applications on oi_147

Dave Koelmeyer davekoelmeyer at me.com
Mon Feb 7 01:04:15 UTC 2011

Hi,

I have an oi_147 x86 system (progressively upgraded from OpenSolaris 2009.06) that for ages now launches a bunch of applications (consistently) on login to the desktop, even though Preferences -> Startup Applications does not contain entries for the apps concerned.

"Automatically remember running applications when logging out" in the above preferences pane is unticked.

~/.config/autostart only contains:

time-slider-notify.desktop
evolution-alarm-notify.desktop
codeina-update.desktop

On login to Gnome, I get 2 instances of Gedit, 2 instances of VirtualBox, one of Pidgin, and a terminal.

Anyone got any ideas about where these are being configured, and how to clear it? :)

Cheers,
Dave