[OpenIndiana-discuss] [power management] S3 suspend failure on resume.

C C ldx at live.ca
Thu Feb 10 23:33:21 UTC 2011

As a follow up to my own message I did some more testing; I thought posting the results might spur some ideas:

I set up a serial console and using a test I found on the old opensolaris mailing list

   /usr/sbin/pmconfig
 /usr/sbin/modload -p misc/cpr

(

    echo 'cpr_debug/W 3;'
    echo 'pm_debug/W 0x80000000;'

) | mdb -wk

/usr/sbin/sync; /usr/sbin/sync; /usr/sbin/sync

/usr/sbin/uadmin 3 22

the system sleeps and resumes perfectly fine. There are no errors or warnings output to console, every device sleeps and wakes just fine.

When I go to the realworld and use 3 20 to actually shut down power the same issues as my previous message. The system suspends without any problems all the debug output to console is positive and it suspends cleanly. After waking the system never comes back and nothing gets output to the console. It seems some how related to the actual power up sequence.
I'd really like to work to get this fixed as I think the home nas server market is important for OI as a project.
Thanks again for any thoughts!C