[OpenIndiana-discuss] [power management] S3 suspend failure on resume.

C C ldx at live.ca
Wed Feb 9 23:12:34 UTC 2011

Hi

I'm having some issues with getting my system to resume from s3 suspend on the latest oi image 148. The system is a intel pentium dual core running on an nforce 610i based board. BIOS is set to allow s3 and it works under other operating systems.  When I suspend the system via sys-suspend, gnome or uadmin 3 20  it suspends fine and  "System is being suspended" is written to the dmesg log. When I go to resume the system via either the button or a mouse click it does power up, fans and drives spin up, LEDs come on but the display never comes back and neither does the nic if I attempt to ssh in it just times out.  The only way back to a working system is the hardware reset button or holding the power button down until it powers off. Upon rebooting there is nothing of note in /var/adm/messages after the System is being suspended line the next is the regular bootup line.

 I've tried with  and without x running with the same result. If I issue uadmin 3 22 "suspend to ram but don't power off and resume normally" everything works perfectly the system suspends and resumes without error. So I can only guess it has something to do with the power up sequence but I have no idea how to troubleshoot this further or even to open a ticket as I don't have any logs or data about the failure. If anyone has any guidance about how to further troubleshoot this  or collect some data for a bug report I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks