[OpenIndiana-discuss] GPU HCL - nVidia Questions & Advice

Edward M mindbender_1 at live.com
Tue Feb 15 18:16:54 UTC 2011

On 02/14/11 17:54, Ken Gunderson wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-02-14 at 16:48 -0800, Edward Martinez wrote:
>>
>>> Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 11:41:29 +0000
>>> From: guy.woolley at btinternet.com
>>> To: openindiana-discuss at openindiana.org
>>> Subject: Re: [OpenIndiana-discuss] GPU HCL - nVidia Questions&  Advice
>>>
>>>    You just need to look at /etc/X11/xorg.conf and change "vesa" to "nv"
>>> - that should do it. My Xorg.conf file reads simply.
> [snip]
>
>>          Section "ServerLayout"
>>          Identifier     "X.org Configured"
>>          Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
> Perhaps you may have something amiss with the Screen line in your
> ServerLayout section.  Don't you need quotes, e.g. shouldn't it read
> something more like:
>
> Screen	"Screen 1"
>
> Or in your case "Screen0"??
>
> What happens when you grep /var/log/Xorg.0.log for WW and EE?

      Hi,

      I changed my screens setting to 1 it still did not work. this is
what i got when i grep searched /var/log/Xorg.0.log:

           (EE) NV(0): No vailid initial configuration found
           (EE) Screen(s) found, but none have a usable configuration

      I 'm beginning to suspect that xorg does not have timings for some
monitors when set to nv,  because vesa driver works with  this xorg.conf
file.
      I think if possible the nv driver should be replaced for  nouveau

--
Regards,
Edward