[OpenIndiana-discuss] GPU HCL - nVidia Questions & Advice

Edward M mindbender_1 at live.com
Wed Feb 16 02:13:40 UTC 2011

On 02/15/11 16:58, ken mays wrote:
> Ed,
>
> If you can't get it to work, there are reported issues with certain GT220 cards (bad hardware batches, like the Intel Sandy Bridge incident).
>
> Nvidia is aware of this issue.
>
> So, you can replace the GT220 card with the GT430 or GeForce 9600 GT to resolve your issue.
>
> ~ Ken Mays
     Hi,

     Thanks for the info, I got to work with  only with the the "vesa"
driver under solaris 11 ex and OI, however the card works like a charm
under oracle linux with nvidia 260 driver.
      i will look  if there is any informantion pertaining my video
card  about a  recall from the manufacturer.

--
Regards,
Edward