[OpenIndiana-discuss] Cannot post to the OpenIndiana discussion list.

Robin Axelsson gu99roax at student.chalmers.se
Fri Feb 18 13:19:18 UTC 2011

Hi,
some of my posts get bounced when I try to post or reply to posts in the
mailing list. When it happened last time I traced the problem to a
misconfigured microsoft/outlook server. The error message I get is this:

Final-Recipient: rfc822;openindiana-discuss at openindiana.org
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: smtp;554 5.6.1 Body type not supported by Remote Host

I think it has something to do with a misconfiguration so that if some
special characters with the wrong character encoding are present,
especially locale associated characters such as a_umlaut/diaresis,
o_umlaut/diaresis, a_ring, the server won't accept the message.

I have sent a mail to the mailman about this about a month ago but got
no reply.

Robin.