[OpenIndiana-discuss] [oi-dev] Proposal: OpenIndiana Stable Branch

Gary Mills mills at cc.umanitoba.ca
Fri Feb 18 16:29:01 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 09:13:18PM +0100, Guido Berhoerster wrote:

> Adding additional packages is a different story and we are
> currently working on the procedures and infrastructure to provide
> an addon consolidation (see
> http://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/OpenIndiana+Addon+Consolidations)

That's quite a procedure.  Has anyone followed it yet?  Maybe I can be
the first.  I have a spec file, SMF files, and man page patches for
the ISC DHCP server version 4.2.0-P2.  I've tested it on Solaris 10,
Solaris 11 Express, and OI 148.  I'm using it now on my home network
to provide DHCP services for desktops, laptops through a wireless
access point, a Sun Ray thin client, and a Blue-Ray player.

This IPS package would provide an alternative to Sun's DHCP server,
but would not replace it.  Do I start by posting an RFE?