[OpenIndiana-discuss] [oi-dev] Proposal: OpenIndiana Stable Branch

Guido Berhoerster gber at openindiana.org
Fri Feb 18 18:25:49 UTC 2011

* Gary Mills <mills at cc.umanitoba.ca> [2011-02-18 17:29]:
> On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 09:13:18PM +0100, Guido Berhoerster wrote:
> >
> > Adding additional packages is a different story and we are
> > currently working on the procedures and infrastructure to provide
> > an addon consolidation (see
> > http://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/OpenIndiana+Addon+Consolidations)
>
> That's quite a procedure.  Has anyone followed it yet?  Maybe I can be
> the first.  I have a spec file, SMF files, and man page patches for
> the ISC DHCP server version 4.2.0-P2.  I've tested it on Solaris 10,
> Solaris 11 Express, and OI 148.  I'm using it now on my home network
> to provide DHCP services for desktops, laptops through a wireless
> access point, a Sun Ray thin client, and a Blue-Ray player.
>
> This IPS package would provide an alternative to Sun's DHCP server,
> but would not replace it.  Do I start by posting an RFE?

Sorry, the OIAC project is still in drafting state.

If you want to contribute a package right now you could try
integrating it into the spec-files-extra project (in fact some OI
community members have already done that). We will soon provide
an unsupported IPS repo with a selection of packages from the
spec-files-extra project and once our own OI Addon Consolidations
project takes off we will import packages from there as well.

Some information about SFE can be found at
http://pkgbuild.sourceforge.net/spec-files-extra/
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/pkgbuild/index.php?title=SFE
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/pkgbuild/index.php?title=Pkgbuild_on_OpenSolaris

If you're interested I might be able to help a bit and you can get
assistance in #pkgbuild or #oi-dev on irc.freenode.org as well.
--
Guido Berhoerster