[OpenIndiana-discuss] 2 Node ZFS ISCSI failover Cluster with one SAS storage attached

Denny Schierz linuxmail at 4lin.net
Sun Feb 20 17:31:34 UTC 2011

hi Bernd,

Am Sonntag, den 20.02.2011, 17:58 +0100 schrieb Bernd Helber:

> the only solution for this issue is to install Opensolaris 2009.6 and to
> build Open HA Cluster from source. It's comparable to Sun Cluster 3.2

yeah, but the problem is, OpenSolaris is death and we don't get any
(security?) updates more.

> For the future You may have a look onto
> http://www.illumos.org/projects/ihac

hmm, no release date ..

> The other Alternative could be the FreeBSD HAST Project as you mentioned.

HAST is only for create a mirror, what we don't need, 'cause the nodes
have access to all disks at the same time, through the SAS HBA.

Also the ZFS Version is bit old (14). It's all bad :-/

But, we need only a few components of a cluster, like carp (in BSD
words) for a global IP and detecting if the master node isn't there
anymore and take over the IP + importing the pool. Maybe there is a
chance under OI.

cu denny