[OpenIndiana-discuss] Build 147 ZFS / NFS / iSCSI system reboot

Alasdair Lumsden alasdairrr at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 20:35:30 UTC 2011

On 23 Feb 2011, at 23:18, Steve Jacobson wrote:

> Alasdair - this looks very relevant - Thanks!  Unfortunately, I don't have a build environment set up right now, so I'm not sure how soon I can test this.  Within a couple of days, though, I hope to have some good data on this.
>
> -steve j

Hi Steve,

If you upgrade your system using this repo, in theory you'll get the latest Illumos kernel:

http://pkg.openindiana.org/dev-il/

However this is not yet officially announced and consider it highly experimental - if you're still in the testing stage, then its worth giving this a go. But if your system is in production at the moment, keep in mind upgrading to this hasn't been well tested, and this is essentially an "internal development" release.

Cheers,

Alasdair