[OpenIndiana-discuss] [solarisx86] For those nostalgic fellas

Jonathan Adams t12nslookup at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 15:35:30 UTC 2011

On our SunRays, we've run an "Atkins-gnome" script to turn off solid
window drag and other effects ... and we've had to be over zealous in
the firefox and thunderbird auto-config to stop them writing to and
from the disk constantly ...

most of our guys run Gnome nowadays, but some of our old timers still
use CDE (Solaris 10) ... once you get used to it, it is simple to
teach (OpenOffice, Firefox and Thunderbird icons plus lock and logout
...)