[OpenIndiana-discuss] Upgrading from 134b to 148 fails

Gordon Ross gordon.w.ross at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 19:21:19 UTC 2011

There is apparently a regression between oi_147 and oi_148 on some
machines, which makes keyboard/mouse and/or ATA disks unusable. It
still needs investigation (I would, but no time just now).

See, for example:

http://www.illumos.org/issues/551
http://www.illumos.org/issues/563

I'm guessing something to do with ACPI and/or power management, as
the devices act like they're powered off.  But that's just a guess.

On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 1:57 PM, Gary Gendel <gary at genashor.com> wrote:
[...]
> Daniel,
>
> Thanks for the information.  This v20z install is far from pristine since it
> started with a UFS root disk somewhere around build 60 and was upgraded
> using LU until OpenSolaris Community Edition ended.  It was then migrated to
> OpenSolaris around build 111 with a ZFS root and pkg updates until 134b.
>  Now I need to migrate to OpenIndiana.  The laptop successfully upgraded to
> 147, but something bad happened in 148.  I figured it was time to migrate to
> OpenIndiana on the v20z and I believe it's close and fresh install will
> probably work, but I'm not happy about it and if it doesn't work, then I
> wasted a lot of effort.
>
> Gary
[...]