[OpenIndiana-discuss] [solarisx86] For those nostalgic fellas

Marc Williams marc_sol at digisensei.info
Sun Jan 9 00:15:42 UTC 2011

On 01/ 4/11 09:10 AM, Nikola M. wrote:
> On 01/ 4/11 11:46 AM, Jonathan Adams wrote:
>> Seriously, is it possible to get this to run on OpenIndiana?
> Could you consider using Xfce maybe. It uses same GTK libraries as GNOME
> and I think I have seen it packaged for OpenSolaris somewhere.
> Would you consider Xfce as viable alternative to CDE, since many unix
> like systems use it and it is actively developed (Xfce also uses less
> resources then Gnome).

Y'know, back in the day Xfce's panel had the option of looking like
CDE's. Although it's similar it doesn't look the same anymore.
Is it still possible to get it to look like the old CDE panel or is
that option long since gone?

I just might put OpenCDE on one old Linux machine since it's not quite
up to snuff for the MaXX Desktop (I seem to be old school as I make
everything - including Windows - look like CDE or Irix or OpenSTEP).

--
==ANIME SENSHI==
Marc D. Williams