[OpenIndiana-discuss] [solarisx86] For those nostalgic fellas

Nikola M. minikola at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 01:24:57 UTC 2011

On 01/ 9/11 01:15 AM, Marc Williams wrote:
> On 01/ 4/11 09:10 AM, Nikola M. wrote:
>> Could you consider using Xfce maybe. It uses same GTK libraries as GNOME
>> and I think I have seen it packaged for OpenSolaris somewhere.
>>
> Y'know, back in the day Xfce's panel had the option of looking like
> CDE's. Although it's similar it doesn't look the same anymore.
> Is it still possible to get it to look like the old CDE panel or is
> that option long since gone?

You can put it on the center of the screen, that is for sure.
Maybe you could ask someone on xfce list or something.

I have been using Xfce for 3+ years with Xubuntu and I mostly make it
look like win95 bar with one extra panel.
Anyway Xfce is greatly configurable as I know, it has a lot panel addons
etc. so you cna make it look in many different ways (not like gnome that
is mostly sticked to default look) and also can use gnome addons inside
of him, through xfapplet addon.