[OpenIndiana-discuss] image-update causes pkg to crash with "File exists" error for a man page

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Tue Jan 11 19:04:42 UTC 2011

On 01/11/11 06:39 AM, Gary Gendel wrote:
> I've been struggling to update from snv_134b to OpenIndiana, but both 147 and
> 148 fail when trying to install SUNWxwpnm, the X-Window man pages.

That's really weird, since like all SUNW* packages (except SUNWcs) in builds 133
and later, SUNWxwpnm doesn't install any files - it just has the metadata to
record that it is an obsolete name for a package and what packages to install to
replace it.   In snv_144 & later the replacement package is similarly obsolete
as the X package refactoring moved the man pages into the packages with the
software they document.

	-Alan Coopersmith-        alan.coopersmith at oracle.com