[OpenIndiana-discuss] video card for v40z

Daniel Kjar dkjar at elmira.edu
Wed Jan 12 20:43:56 UTC 2011

  yeah that is the problem.  Tons of slots but nothing seems to fit into
them.  I may try that 8800gs.  I have a 8400 pcix though and it doesn't
match up.

On 01/12/11 03:24 PM, Matt Wilby wrote:
> The server has the following slots free so you could pick a card that is compatible.
>
> 4 full-length (133MHz) 64-bit vertical slots (slots 4 through 7)
> 1 full-length (100MHz) 64-bit vertical slot (slot 3)
> 1 half-length (100MHz) 64-bit vertical slot (slot 2)
> 1 half-length (66MHz) 64-bit horizontal slot with riser (slot 1)
>
> I might be wrong, but a Google cached listing of hardware parts doesn't list any graphics options for the server.
>

> On 12/01/2011 15:47, Alan Coopersmith wrote:
>
>> On 01/12/11 06:34 AM, Daniel Kjar wrote:
>>>   Don't mean to hijack but Alan, do you off hand know if there is a video card
>>> that will work in a v40z?  That thing has a very primitive/odd built in video
>>> card and sometimes I would like to do more than just ssh -X.  It works fine in
>>> OI but the card is so slow it is painful to use as a console.  I have searched
>>> all over but can't seem to find anything but warnings about not destroying your
>>> motherboard by putting in certain kinds of cards never what was compatible or
>>> appropriate for the machine.
>> Sorry, but I don't know.

Dr. Daniel Kjar
Assistant Professor of Biology
Division of Mathematics and Natural Sciences
Elmira College
1 Park Place
Elmira, NY 14901
607-735-1826
http://faculty.elmira.edu/dkjar

"...humans send their young men to war; ants send their old ladies"
	-E. O. Wilson