[OpenIndiana-discuss] Proposal: OpenIndiana Stable Branch

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Sat Jan 15 20:34:21 UTC 2011

On 01/15/11 03:34 AM, Alasdair Lumsden wrote:
> Unfortunately this is something we have inherited from Oracle. Some of the packages need to be split, so that they don't pull in such a large tree of dependencies. Some packages (Things like python) also have dependencies on things like the gnome libraries or X11 libraries - if the packages were split then this could improve the situation.

Some known issues in this area are:

http://bugs.opensolaris.org/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=7010355
 - splitting tk bindings out of the core python package

http://bugs.opensolaris.org/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=7010324
 - splitting X apps out of the core groff package

http://bugs.opensolaris.org/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6574610
 - splitting glib out of the gnome-base-libs package

Those are all from spec files in the jds spec-files repo, so it
should be possible for someone from OI to work with the folks on
desktop-discuss at opensolaris.org to make it happen for everyone.

	-Alan Coopersmith-        alan.coopersmith at oracle.com