[OpenIndiana-discuss] Proposal: OpenIndiana Stable Branch

Dmitry G. Kozhinov dima at desktopfay.com
Mon Jan 17 22:07:30 UTC 2011

Glad you have mentioned gui-server - this is what I need :)

About the idea - dual feelings about it. From one point of view, this is
right (incredibly right). From the other side, this limits new users to
the Unix command-line philosophy (which is the dinosaur age), and would
make this great OS a niche OS, like DragonFlyBSD.

Imagine a new user(s). They should learn all those command-line spells.
Would they?