[OpenIndiana-discuss] Proposal: OpenIndiana Stable Branch

Gregory Youngblood gregory at youngblood.me
Mon Jan 17 22:24:18 UTC 2011

I was thinking in terms of the installer presenting choices. If no choices are selected then the minimal installation with no extras layers gets installed. you might also call this expert mode as only the basics are there and anything else had to be installed.

The installer might ask a question such as: what is the purpose of this machine? Remote/headless server, local server (full gui), local workstation (full gui), or text only workstation. that could set defaults, with perhaps advanced tab letting each "layer" to be manually selected or not.

i also see I left out gui-workstation layer.

greg

Sent from my Droid Incredible.