[OpenIndiana-discuss] [oi-dev] Proposal: OpenIndiana Stable Branch

Gabriel de la Cruz gabriel.delacruz at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 07:35:04 UTC 2011

Hi,

a question for the ones wanting a gui server; is there something else
not offered by the apps web interfaces that you would really need to
administer the server?
Once uppon a time, Solaris 10 running the Java desktop environment was
offering some comfortable graphical tools... but nowadays I believe
there are web guis for those...

I have tendency to ssh tunnel X11 in order to execute a few server
apps like the dhcp gui... so a little bit of X11 libraries, wont feel
so bad.

by the way, if anyone has a good idea how to implement a new kind of
Openindiana administrative web gui tool, for example in order to
handle some config settings,  I could give a hand with the web
interface.

Cheers