[OpenIndiana-discuss] zpool and nfs

William David OpenIndiana oilists at biosystems.ath.cx
Wed Jan 19 10:08:15 UTC 2011

Good morning
How you share a nfs on oi server ?? How command you use

zfs set sharenfs="root=@192.168.0.5" pool/share

For not wait  a dns resolve on nfs connection And mapping as root privileges this share

Or a  zfs set sharenfs="someuser=@192.168.0.5" pool/share

For map a specific user a share. In thus case how a uid of owner of the oi side zfs and a privileges on a folder

ls -l pool/
dwrxwrxw-x+  someone somegroup share
This is only a example but in both side a uid is the same

someone = 1000
somegroup = 1000

At last how version of nfs you try using nfs v3 or nfsv4 ?
--