[OpenIndiana-discuss] sun people that has left oracle after acquisition

Michelle Knight michelle at msknight.com
Wed Jan 19 14:08:36 UTC 2011

> Do you got your zpool issue resolved?

Sort of. OI wouldn't let go of the backup pool definition, so I took the
drive, put it on an Ubuntu installation and used Fuze ZFS to put another pool
on it. That got rid of the previous pool definition, and then I could mount
the new pool and thus destroy it.

I couldn't destroy the old backup pool becuase it wouldn't mount.

I did try a new label, re-doing the partitions, none of it worked.

I started a secure erase of the drive, but that was going to take too long. I
guess that the definition is kept at the end of the drive itself.