[OpenIndiana-discuss] sun people that has left oracle after acquisition

Gabriel de la Cruz gabriel.delacruz at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 14:47:15 UTC 2011

Official training is important for both development and certifying
your knowledge. Sun courses were good, and their exams very well made,
it would be very difficult that anyone without a good knowledge about
the subject gets certified. I know some people for example who is very
good administering Solaris, but there are always many things escaping
their knowledge, that kind of training provides that, a complete in
depth approach, and you are force to learn it all.
This is not about a knowledge base, or technical manuals, the
information is structured in a pedagogical manner, it is not only
about mastering the use of aplications but gives an overview of the
fundaments behind those, going across many many different technologies
and putting them in context.

This will require someone to prepare lots of pedagocical material,
classes, lessons, but do it with a very clear structure... and
ofcourse before anything else, OI architecture should be clearly
defined.

Sun courses were expensive, but some times just the acess to the
materials was worth the money... Oracle makes it all an investment...
No go for it unless you wanna be certified.

If people is interested in something like this, it would mean a hudge
job, but probably the subject would be as interesting as offering a
support plan.

Do we have teachers / writers on the list?

Anyway first things comes first, and going stable will help defining
what OI really is.

Cheers!