[OpenIndiana-discuss] zpool and nfs

ann kok oiyankok at yahoo.ca
Wed Jan 19 18:52:39 UTC 2011

Hi Edward

Thank you for your help

As I haven't received the response, I run the formart -e
It said it needs around 3 hours

format> format
Ready to format.  Formatting cannot be interrupted
and takes 232 minutes (estimated). Continue?
Continue? y

Now, I have questions

1/ Why it needs long time (232 minutes) to format 10G?

2/ Can I stop it? Crtl C?

3/ For the normal procedure, I don't need to format the drive before using zpool add rpool newdevice

4/ What is the different betwen zpool attach zpool and zpool add zpool

Thank you again