[OpenIndiana-discuss] PCIe card problem

Bernd Helber bernd at helber-it-services.com
Thu Jan 20 16:39:11 UTC 2011

Hi Michelle,

please have a look at the bug id and the thread.
Seems not to be supported.

On the other hand it may be possible that there is a proprietary driver
for SOL 10x86 out there.

Additionally go into your the BIOS options and set the SATA controller
mode to AHCI, hopefullly the device will be detected properly.

But now clue if it works, regardingt the driver issue. :-(

devfsadm -Cv

or  reconfigure reboot

reboot -- -r

-----------------

cfgadm -al

 enable them

the targets and device names will be different...

  cfgadm -xsata_port_activate sata1/2

Activate the port: /devices/pci at 0,0/pci1025,183 at 1f,2:2
This operation will enable activity on the SATA port
Continue (yes/no)? y

cfgadm -c configure  sata1/2

   cfgadm -al

sata1/2::dsk/c9t2d0            disk         connected    configured   ok

Am 20.01.11 17:07, schrieb Michelle Knight:
> Hi Folks,
>
> In my effort to save money, I bought a PCIe card that gave me two reasonably
> fast e-sata ports.
>
> I've got a feeling that OI can't see the card and therefore won't use it. Am I
> right? Is there anything I can do about this?
>
> The chipset is Marvell 9128

http://bugs.opensolaris.org/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6967157
http://opensolaris.org/jive/thread.jspa?messageID=491082

Good luck and fingers crossed.