[OpenIndiana-discuss] OI/Illumos HCL

Daniel Kjar dkjar at elmira.edu
Fri Jan 21 14:24:44 UTC 2011

  Wouldn't it be easier to start with a simple html form and your
favorite database backend?

dumping everything out of a wiki into a more useful format will be  a pain.

On 01/21/11 09:09 AM, Matt Wilby wrote:
> On 21/01/2011 13:48, Michael Schuster wrote:
>> On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 13:28, jay undernet<jay.udn at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>> Good idea.
>> +1
>>
>>> we can add the build number of OI, categories and updates.
>> please make sure it has good search capabilities!
>>
>> cheers
>> Michael
> I've created some pages on the Wiki which will provide a starting point
> to record community hardware testing contributions. I'll start to create
> some tables within each category over the next week or so.
>
> Ken Mays is also doing some testing on Dell hardware.
>
> At the moment it's just on the Wiki. Over time we will no doubt have to
> look at putting this into a database of some sorts. But we have to start
> somewhere.....
>
> Just to stress, this will be based on information and feedback received
> from the community. It's not a definitive guarantee or statement from
> the project. Your mileage may vary..... :-)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Matt

Dr. Daniel Kjar
Assistant Professor of Biology
Division of Mathematics and Natural Sciences
Elmira College
1 Park Place
Elmira, NY 14901
607-735-1826
http://faculty.elmira.edu/dkjar

"...humans send their young men to war; ants send their old ladies"
	-E. O. Wilson