[OpenIndiana-discuss] ZFS single drive CKSUM errors

Michelle Knight michelle at msknight.com
Sun Jan 23 07:43:54 UTC 2011

Thanks folks,

The drives are desktop drives, 1.5tb seagate baracuda LP units. They seemed to
be perfectly happy when inside the machine attached to motherboard sata
channels.

In this case, they are on the single e-sata channel of the motherboard, with
no raid going on either in hardware or software.

I have backed up two segments of my data drives to two of these backup drives
now and they have both exhibited this problem.

I'm starting to conclude from what people have said, that it is most likely to
be a time out issue.

Taking the time at the start and end of transfer indicates that overnight it
transfered at 0.335Gb/sec - potentially handling 1TB in 8 hours 18 minutes.