[OpenIndiana-discuss] Proposal: OpenIndiana Stable Branch

Kevin J. Woolley kjw at javabunny.net
Tue Jan 25 22:38:52 UTC 2011

On Tuesday, 25 January, 2011 13:52, "Alasdair Lumsden" <alasdairrr at gmail.com> said:

> You are right though about needing more software in our repos, and this is
> something we do intend to do via the OIAC project, please see:
>
> http://wiki.openindiana.org/display/~guido/OI+Extra+Consolidation
>
> If you'd like to help out with this, we'd love the support. We can provide
> permanent build zones, help mentor you (or anybody else looking to help) and
> explain how to do it. It's great to volunteer, you help others and it looks good
> on the CV, and you get to meet people and make new friends, learn stuff and gain
> skills.

This is exactly the mentoring offer I've been waiting for.  I'll be happy to document what I learn; hopefully this well help as well.

I'm pretty good at building software, can often fix build bugs and port between Unix systems where they're incompatible, but I need experience with zones and a lot of help with making IPS packages and SMF integration.

Cheers,

kjw