[OpenIndiana-discuss] BSD Magazine mentions OpenIndiana

Jonathan Adams t12nslookup at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 10:09:11 UTC 2011

True, but then Sun did mess up by abandoning Solaris x86 (last release
Solaris 8) just at the time that it (x86) really took off, and in
realising their mistake started producing Solaris x86 (First release
late Solaris 9) ...

It caused us problems and headaches because we ran Oracle on one of
our servers (although we had some Sparc in house at the time) and
Oracle said that they were going to stop supporting x86.

We now have only 1 Sparc box left, about 30 x86 Solaris 10 boxes ...
and currently 1 OpenIndiana laptop ...