[OpenIndiana-discuss] Upgraded to OI148: now "entire" is not installed!

Lou Picciano loupicciano at comcast.net
Mon Jan 31 12:35:17 UTC 2011

Hans,

I can commiserate a bit; had exactly the same problem you're seeing, and wasn't really aware of the extent of it. Was wondering why certain binaries seemed to be wrong versions, and filesystem wasn't all it should have been...

I did have the idea of beadm-creating a clone, mounted on /a
then pkg -R /a install -f -v entire...., just to see, but if I know more
when I try that, I'll get further.

Geniuses here led me to essentially your own conclusion; I ultimately installed the entire@ consolidation on a new BE. All now working great!

Lou Picciano