[OpenIndiana-discuss] OI 148 and HP Server with SmartArray 5i controller

Kirill Ponazdyr sink at codeangels.com
Mon Jan 31 15:16:59 UTC 2011

Hi,

I am trying to install OI build 148 on our DL585 G1 systems.

They all have SmartArray 5i controller and, unfortunately, that controller
causes kernel panic with the installer / life CD.

Basically once you select the boot mode in the loader screen, the kernel
tagline comes up for 1-2 seconds and then there is a quick panic / reboot,
I cannot pause there but I saw some mentioning of "cpq" in the panic
text...

This is not the case when we disable the array controller, then installer
comes up.

How can we fix this? I know that there are some tutorials how to install
OpenSolaris on systems with those controllers and apparently they need HP
drivers but those tutorials rely on the installer / life image started up
and in our case we do not even come that far...

Thanks!

Kirill

--
Kirill Ponazdyr