[OpenIndiana-discuss] Missing Intel NIC Driver on OpenIndiana oi_148

Okky Hendriansyah mawcikurl at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 16:56:03 UTC 2011

Hi Ken,

I tried using Solaris 11 Express Live CD and it still missing the driver.
Tried also your suggestion, here are the output:

OpenIndiana    SunOS 5.11    oi_148    November 2010
root at asturias:~# update_drv -a -i '"pci8086,1503"' e1000g
devfsadm: driver failed to attach: e1000g
Warning: Driver (e1000g) successfully added to system but failed to attach
root at asturias:~# dladm show-phys
LINK         MEDIA                STATE      SPEED  DUPLEX    DEVICE
rtls0        Ethernet             up         100    full      rtls0

The rtls0 is my old D-Link Fast Ethernet PCI Card. How do we attach the
e1000g driver to the device?

Best regards,
Okky Hendriansyah