[OpenIndiana-discuss] Wiki Comment Spam

Mark Humphreys saskaloon at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 23:19:24 UTC 2011

I see there have been meaningless one-liner anonymous wiki posts, for at
least the last three days.  The latest is:

http://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/oi_150?focusedCommentId=4887341#comment-4887341

But, you just have to look at recent changes (
http://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/Recent+Wiki+Changes), to see that most
comments (on "oi_150", "oi_151", and "2011.Q1 Foreverware") over the last
few days are mainly of this type of generic baseless comment.

First off, is anyone moderating this?  I tend to keep a close eye for
updates, so I could help-out, if needed.

Otherwise, could we enable a CAPTCHA requirement for Anonymous Wiki Posts,
or disable Anonymous posting altogether, until we determine how best to
proceed?

Regards,

--
.\\ark