[OpenIndiana-discuss] Wiki Comment Spam

Guido Berhoerster gber at openindiana.org
Mon Jul 11 11:51:39 UTC 2011

* Mark Humphreys <saskaloon at gmail.com> [2011-07-11 01:19]:
> I see there have been meaningless one-liner anonymous wiki posts, for at
> least the last three days.  The latest is:
>
> http://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/oi_150?focusedCommentId=4887341#comment-4887341
>
> But, you just have to look at recent changes (
> http://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/Recent+Wiki+Changes), to see that most
> comments (on "oi_150", "oi_151", and "2011.Q1 Foreverware") over the last
> few days are mainly of this type of generic baseless comment.
>
> First off, is anyone moderating this?  I tend to keep a close eye for
> updates, so I could help-out, if needed.
>
> Otherwise, could we enable a CAPTCHA requirement for Anonymous Wiki Posts,
> or disable Anonymous posting altogether, until we determine how best to
> proceed?

Seems we were being hit by a spambot for the last two days,
thanks for the pointer. I've deleted the spam comments and
somebody else already seems to have enabled CAPTCHAS for
anonymous comments. If this isn't sufficient I guess we have to
restrict commenting to logged in users.

--
Guido Berhoerster