[OpenIndiana-discuss] SeaMonkey

Nikola M. minikola at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 13:40:41 UTC 2011

On 06/24/11 10:21, Andrey N. Oktyabrski wrote:
> Where I can get the latest (2.1 or 2.2-beta) version package for the
> OpenIndiana? I use 2.0b1 at the moment. It eats 3-4 times less memory
> than the Firefox+Thunderbird.
There is no compiled nor packaged Seamonkey for Solaris and OpenSolaris
based distributions or OpenIndiana/Illumos.

I also have installed latest compiled from a guy who worked at that time
at Sun, but after he left, no one continued to make and package it.

It might be worth putting seamonkey in SFE (spec files extra) after that
it can get inside IPS repository (and in .pkg for Solaris 10+) and be
more widely used.

Interested in colaborating in building Seamonkey for OpenIndiana/Solaris
with me?

Nikola M.