[OpenIndiana-discuss] No Sound in OI 151

Michael D. Baker michaeldbaker at fastmail.fm
Tue Jul 12 16:01:32 UTC 2011

  Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post these kinds of
questions. If not, please let me know.

I'm using OI 151, but I had the same problem with 148.

When I attempt to play OGG files with Totem (or any other GUI sound
app), Totem appears to play, but there is no sound. Also the files
appear to be playing very fast -- the Totem playing time counter seems
to be counting seconds as 1/4 seconds.

I've done a lot of searching but can't seem to find an answer. But from
what I can tell, OpenSolaris had a lot of issues with gstreamer, so I'm
guessing this is a gstreamer issue?

And, for what it's worth, when I was running 148, SoX could play OGG
files just fine. But I haven't tried SoX with 151.

Thanks.