[OpenIndiana-discuss] AD integration aka project Winchester

Gary gdriggs at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 02:12:00 UTC 2011

Hello fellow Solaris geeks,

Does anyone know if this stuff works in OpenIndiana [1]? Or is this
long since deprecated and replaced with something much easier in OI
and/or newer updates of Solaris 10? For example, the CIFS/Samba stuff
mentioned in the 'What's New' file for OI 147 [2] ... Any idea how
this all may differ from Solaris 11 Express? I know that Illumos/OI
are diverging from Oracle in some areas but I'd like to keep an eye on
what's on the horizon if I start deploying this in production since we
have other Unix clients to throw in the mix. I know most of the kerb5
glue has been in place for OS X for some time so I'm overdue to
explore the same concepts elseUnix.

kind regards,
Gary

1. http://hub.opensolaris.org/bin/view/Project+winchester,