[OpenIndiana-discuss] OpenIndiana documentation in Russian

Maria Styazhkina masha.styazhkina at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 17:23:13 UTC 2011

Hello,
I'm a member of Kirov OpenSolaris User Group (http://os-solaris.ru/). At
present there is too little OpenIndiana documentation in Russian in the
internet. I guess this fact impedes the increasing of number of users in
Russian-speaking countries, as original text is difficult to understand for
lots of people.

Existance of documentation in Russian language will be usefull for
OpenIndiana. If the number of users is more, there will be more bug-reports
from them and there will be more packages, which they will be able to place
in repositories. Besides, the more popular OpenIndiana is, the more popular
EveryCity is, as its sponsor.

In this way I offer translation service of
http://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/OpenIndiana+Wiki+Home . I can put the Russian
version of documentation on the site: http://os-solaris.ru/. So, can I count
on the grant to translation from EveryCity? The cost of translation: $3 per
1000 characters without spaces. I have translated
http://openindiana.org/support/documentation/ and you can see result on
http://os-solaris.ru/preimushhestva-illumos-i-openindiana/ .

Yours respectfully,
Maria.