[OpenIndiana-discuss] zpool create hangs

Gabriele Bulfon gbulfon at sonicle.com
Thu Jul 21 09:11:33 UTC 2011

Hi, I was experimenting with 5 sas disks.
Created a raidz2 pool with :
zpool create data raidz2 c8t0d0 c8t1d0 c8t2d0 c8t3d0 c8t4d0
worked.
Then destroyed it, and tried again a raidz1:
zpool create data raidz1 c8t0d0 c8t1d0 c8t2d0 c8t3d0 c8t4d0
the command did not return for 10 minutes, disks all light up, no work at all.
I killed the zpool create process, but it did not kill.
After almost 20 minutes the process was killed, and no pool was created.
Zpool status was fine, with just the original pools.
I thought that the problem was raidz1 with 5 disks, so I did the raidz2 again:
zpool create data raidz2 c8t0d0 c8t1d0 c8t2d0 c8t3d0 c8t4d0
and it's still there not returning.....
What's happening??