[OpenIndiana-discuss] Ohai network detection for Solaris broken when IPv4 and IPv6 addresses present.

Jason J. W. Williams jasonjwwilliams at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 21:07:45 UTC 2011

Since "ifconfig -a" on Solaris lists each interace once for IPv4 and
again for IPv6, the IPv6 addresses end up blowing away the IPv4
addresses when both are present on the same system. Has the side
effect of making node[:ipaddress] and node[:macaddress] be empty in
this situation as well.

I've documented the problem more in-depth along with a patch/pull
request to fix it here: http://tickets.opscode.com/browse/OHAI-282

Also, I've updated my OpenIndiana knife bootstrap template to apply
the patch pending it being fixed in the next release:
https://github.com/williamsjj/chef_bootstraps

-J