[OpenIndiana-discuss] VirtualBox 3.1.8 / bridged networking on oi_148 x86 host

Dave Koelmeyer davekoelmeyer at me.com
Sun Jul 24 11:51:19 UTC 2011

Hi All,

I have a couple of VMs I keep hanging around which use VirtualBox
bridged networking. I fire them up infrequently enough to not notice
that apparently since upgrading my host to oi_148 bridged networking is
broken.

I see the following error message when attempting to launch the VMs in
question:

"Failed to start the virtual machine Ubuntu8.04.
Failed to open/create the internal network 'HostInterfaceNetworking-rge0
- Realtek Gigabit Ethernet' (VERR_SUPDRV_COMPONENT_NOT_FOUND).
Unknown error creating VM (VERR_SUPDRV_COMPONENT_NOT_FOUND)."

Swtiching to NAT works fine. Anyone else seen this?

--
Dave Koelmeyer
http://blog.davekoelmeyer.co.nz