[OpenIndiana-discuss] Cyrus over NFS on ZFS storage

Gabriele Bulfon gbulfon at sonicle.com
Tue Jul 26 10:00:47 UTC 2011

Hi,
I moved a cyrus server data files onto a OI ZFS storage, shared as NFS, accessed with options
"vers=3,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,intr,noatime" from a Solaris 10 (vers 3 seemed the only way to easily access the server as root and get original permissions).
It works, but once usage goes up, I get many locking errors like:
IOERROR: lock_shared /iserver/var/imap/mailboxes.db: No record locks available
I changed the storage /etc/default/nfs parameters as follow:
NFSD_SERVERS=256
LOCKD_LISTEN_BACKLOG=256
LOCKD_SERVERS=1024
and refreshed both nfsd and lockd through svcadm refresh.
How can I be sure that new parameters are taken without rebooting the storage?
How can I know the number of locks the machine is trying to achieve?
Any help would be really appreciated ;)
Gabriele.