[OpenIndiana-discuss] Cyrus over NFS on ZFS storage

Gabriele Bulfon gbulfon at sonicle.com
Tue Jul 26 13:04:07 UTC 2011

hi, actually I could solve the problem by moving to NFS4, but got a different problem....
I set up every mapid correctly, so I could get correct root access over NFS4.
So I mount from the client with vers=4, go to the mount point, create a directory, and it's
correctly root:root.
Then I find that some pre-existant directory shows the nobody user, but just some!
For example, files originally with cyrus:mail are still cyrus:mail (both don't exist in the NFS storage).
File originally with vscan:vscan are now nobody:vscan!
This does not happen with NFS3.......
Finally, I try to check if I actually have complete root access, by creating a new directory xyz, check
that it's root:root (and it is), than chmod cyrus:mail xyz ...and I get a permission denied!!!
So I'm not root! Why????