[OpenIndiana-discuss] Openindiana built on SPARC

Gary Mills mills at cc.umanitoba.ca
Thu Jul 28 13:10:46 UTC 2011

I just built the illumos ON consolidation on my V240, a SPARC server,
running Solaris 11 Express.  I used the Studio 12.2 compiler along
with gcc-3.4.3.  I did have to replace `sed' with one that supported
the `-E' option.  After that, the build went smoothly, with no errors.
It did produce thousands of warnings for unrecognized __attribute__
names, but these shouldn't affect the result.  It did produce a full
set of ON consolidation packages.

I'm certainly willing to contribute these packages or build any other
consolidation that may be required for a SPARC version of OI.  If
somebody else is already doing this, I won't bother.