[OpenIndiana-discuss] Sun Studio 12.2 and OI

ken mays maybird1776 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 7 03:16:45 UTC 2011

Hi Apostolos,

Ref: http://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/Setting+up+the+recommended+build+environment

The comment was made since there was discussion on dropping the older Sun Studio versions before Sun Studio 12.2.

Some old documentation on OI points to using both Sun Studio 12 and Sun Studio 12.1 (for lint). Documentation validation has not come forth on just using Sun Studio 12.2 only for a full build of all consolidations - thus removing the need for both Sun Studio 12 and 12.1.

As said on the referenced page: "
Note: Sun Studio 12.2 is available but has not been tested so please do not use at this time."

So, take the commentary to more or less state that no one has stated or validated that Sun Studio 12.2 truely supercedes Sun Studio 12/12u1 successfully at this time.

That is all. Oracle may provide a different answer...

~ Ken Mays