[OpenIndiana-discuss] Sun Studio 12.2 and OI

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Tue Jun 7 03:24:29 UTC 2011

On 06/ 6/11 08:16 PM, ken mays wrote:
> So, take the commentary to more or less state that no one has stated or validated that Sun Studio 12.2 truely supercedes Sun Studio 12/12u1 successfully at this time.
>
> That is all. Oracle may provide a different answer...

I believe JDS is the only consolidation with source that's publicly available
from Oracle that is currently testing/supporting their builds with 12.2
compilers.

Most notably, the last ON release from Oracle is known to not work with
12.1 or 12.2 - I'm not sure how much of that illumos has fixed on their own.

Of course, OI is certainly free to do their own build testing & fixing with
whatever compilers you see fit, but that's blazing your own trails, not
caring what Oracle's answer is.

	-Alan Coopersmith-        alan.coopersmith at oracle.com