[OpenIndiana-discuss] Upgrading from oi_148 to oi_151 - some clarification please

Michael Schuster michaelsprivate at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 05:19:54 UTC 2011

On 07.06.2011 01:41, Carl Brewer wrote:
> On 6/06/2011 11:11 PM, ken mays wrote:
>> Hi Carl:
>>
>> 1. '/release' is the offficial public repository for releases.
>> 2. '/dev' is the official development repository.
>>
>> You'll note that the released product will appear on the official
>> website home page: http://openindiana.org/
>

> Cool.
>
> Out of curiosity, I see this :
>
> zpool upgrade
> This system is currently running ZFS pool version 28.
>
> All pools are formatted using this version.
> # uname -a
> SunOS wattage 5.11 oi_151 i86pc i386 i86pc
>

> There's no update to the ZFS version in 151?

Are you asking whether zfs versions are in lockstep with the
(Open)Solaris/OI/.. build? if so, no, they're not (or have not been so far).

I think there's an option to "zfs upgrade" (-v, IIRC), that gives a list
of zfs versions you could use (I don't have anything Solaris-y around at
work any more, so can't look it up; man-pages prove hard to find
on-line, but this:
http://hub.opensolaris.org/bin/view/Community+Group+zfs/WebHome may help
...)

HTH