[OpenIndiana-discuss] Upgrading from oi_148 to oi_151 - some clarification please

Carl Brewer carl at bl.echidna.id.au
Tue Jun 7 05:40:04 UTC 2011

On 7/06/2011 3:19 PM, Michael Schuster wrote:

> Are you asking whether zfs versions are in lockstep with the
> (Open)Solaris/OI/.. build? if so, no, they're not (or have not been so
> far).
>
> I think there's an option to "zfs upgrade" (-v, IIRC), that gives a list
> of zfs versions you could use (I don't have anything Solaris-y around at
> work any more, so can't look it up; man-pages prove hard to find
> on-line, but this:
> http://hub.opensolaris.org/bin/view/Community+Group+zfs/WebHome may help
> ...)

zpool upgrade -v
This system is currently running ZFS pool version 28.

The following versions are supported:

VER  DESCRIPTION
---  --------------------------------------------------------
  1   Initial ZFS version
  2   Ditto blocks (replicated metadata)
  3   Hot spares and double parity RAID-Z
  4   zpool history
  5   Compression using the gzip algorithm
  6   bootfs pool property
  7   Separate intent log devices
  8   Delegated administration
  9   refquota and refreservation properties
  10  Cache devices
  11  Improved scrub performance
  12  Snapshot properties
  13  snapused property
  14  passthrough-x aclinherit
  15  user/group space accounting
  16  stmf property support
  17  Triple-parity RAID-Z
  18  Snapshot user holds
  19  Log device removal
  20  Compression using zle (zero-length encoding)
  21  Deduplication
  22  Received properties
  23  Slim ZIL
  24  System attributes
  25  Improved scrub stats
  26  Improved snapshot deletion performance
  27  Improved snapshot creation performance
  28  Multiple vdev replacements

For more information on a particular version, including supported releases,
see the ZFS Administration Guide.

So not according to zpool -v, oi_151 seems to be still running ZFS pool
28.  So what're the ZFS improvements ("More ZFS improvements") in
oi_151?  Where do I go looking to see what's changed?

Thank you

Carl