[OpenIndiana-discuss] Upgrading from oi_148 to oi_151 - some clarification please

ken mays maybird1776 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 7 12:21:18 UTC 2011

Carl,

The ZFS pool 28 improvements/bug fixes in oi_151 are coming from the Illumos project and can be seen within ZFS-related patches from Illumos_gate (see link from oi_151 project page and snapshot version used).

Just as a note, the main differences between ZFS pool 28 and ZFS pool 31 are:

6977913 RAID-Z/mirror hybrid allocator

4854202 ZFS data set encryption

6980669 zfs rename -r is slow, causes appliance UI to hang

ZFS pools 29-31+ are not in 'major use' by other OS distros outside of the official Solaris product releases coming from Oracle.

~ Ken Mays